Monday, November 1, 2010

Best Weekend!

This has nothing to do with World Politics of any sort. It was a pretty impressive weekend and I thought I'd document my events so that one day I can look back at this site and laugh at my college adventures. It is a reflection and I'm free to do what I like.

This was definitely one of the best weekends I’ve had since I started college. The best part of it all? It didn’t include a drop of alcohol or any other extraneous substances.

On Friday night, my job was hosting a concert in Tavern. I'm not sure if any of you know them, but Super Mash Bros are pretty spectacular and the fact that we (meaning AU students) didn't have to pay the typical $40 ticket to see them way just great. Its not every day you have a small concert and some individual one-on-one time with artists.

Saturday morning should be remembered as one of the most incredible experiences I will have in life and will definitely tell stories to my children and grandchildren. My snazzy business club managed to get a few “Special Guest” tickets to the Stewart+Colbert Rally, and well, we had a killer view. At one point, I was about 4 feet away from Arianna Huffington. Go Huffington Post! Afterwards, I went to Angelico's with a few friends and enjoyed a well deserved meal. Later that night, I was working an additional shift in the Info Desk and I finally watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The script that followed the movie along with the funny customs were definitely a surprise. For instance, since I was a Rocky virgin, it was traditional to place a lipstick red V on my forehead. It didn't happen. I was glad to have worked and shared a few moments experiencing the movie with some of my friends from Letts 6. I thought my night would have ended there, but out of no where an old friend showed up and took me out of DC. I must say, Maryland is a dangerous place at night. I wouldn't be able to drive around at night, theres no street lights! Somehow, we ended up in Annapolis. It was definitely a lovely night.

And then Sunday was my "catch up on sleep" day.

Can I please have more weekends like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment