Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflection

Well, this week was a whirlwind.

Preparing a video in 48 hours was...interesting. As the group of four, you would think it would be easier to get everyone together for meetings--but it wasn't. I did learn that iMovie is really easy to work with. And that Jesse strangely and awesomely fits the Sierra Club 70s mold (or say the word "tariffs"). In the end though, even if it was a lot of work and stress for a couple of days, the simulation was a much better learning experience/midterm than a traditional test. Defending points of views that aren't your own is a great life skill, especially for many of the UC World Politics kids who want to be diplomats and work for the US government.

While I wasn't thrilled that I was part of the group representing the Sierra Club, it was a learning opportunity. I'm not exactly a tree hugger.

Still, I'm not sure how I'm going to like a MAJOR simulation. The minor one was pretty time consuming and stressful as it were.

On a side note, 4 am fire alarms. aren't. cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment