Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflection: Simulation

When I first got the syllabus for what the simulation would consist of I must admit I was less than excited about it. This feeling continued until I really started to work on it with my group and I found myself really getting into it. I personally started out being for the domestic content rules but by the end I had changed my mind. All the research my group did and the collaboration we had with the other section as well as groups like GM, worked to shift my thinking. I think this was the most valuable part of the simulation. It forced me to think about things in a different way.

Also I think it helped all of us to work with others in our section that we didn't necessarily always work with, which was a good thing. During the making of the video, I thought it was a pain in the butt, but when we actually presented I enjoyed the videos very much. It added some variety and entertainment value to what could have otherwise been a very boring presentation based around facts and figures. And for me personally, it helped me learn some of the technical applications of imovie, which I will have to use for a final project of mine for another class.

It was hard work for all of us getting it all together, but once the final product was finished it was really cool to see it work. I was kind of disappointed in the result of our simulation. As the Association of International Automobile Manufacturers, my group is dissatisfied with keeping the domestic content rules the way they are. I wondered what we could have done to further convince the president to see our side like the other section was able to. Maybe it had something to do with the AIAM in that section securing an interview with their CEO. Either way I think I can speak for everyone in saying we are glad it's all over and we can move on to new things, but we also learned a lot as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment